Friday, October 9, 2009

Curious and curiouser

So here I am, a few weeks into my visit with my family, and I don't think I have been this relaxed and carefree and easygoing in quite a while. Iceland seems to stifle me. Makes me feel small.

I ended up going to another ultrasound yesterday. I know I know, I have been to quite a few as of late. Well a total of 3. But I'm not going to act like I don't get absolutely thrilled at the idea of seeing little Noah each and every time. But the reason I went was because I was feeling moving at the top of my uterus, which even though I am only 17 weeks preggers, is way above my belly button. Still large, of course. But it was making me anxious again as to the twin thing, because I was also feeling Noah squirming around quite often down at the bottom. It was a free ultrasound (hooray!!) and my good friend Jessie came along. Nói was sucking his thumb, and dancing for us, and was getting sooo big. But we found out that his feet are near the top of my uterus, and his head down below, so it all made sense, and eased my mind finally. I don't think I will have anymore twin feelings from here on out. Also measured him and measurements say I am 18 weeks and 4 days. So she said my due date would be around March 8th, rather than the 19th. Cool. Have a few more u/s pictures to add to the scrapbook now. Have another one on the 29th.

So yesterday I spent the day with Jessie, and we went to her house, and looked at some pictures of her beautiful baby Sophia. She is no longer with us, and it was quite an impacting thing, that i don't think I would have been able to fully comprehend if I wasn't pregnant now. My heart squeezes so tight in my chest when I think of this, and my throat tightens too. She showed me this amazing book that is for mothers who have experienced the things that she has, and there was one page that has really been going through my mind quite a lot. It mentions how the baby's soul has met a person named Noah, who shows them the first rainbow, and they become friends. Next to this is a beautiful painting of a little blond haired girl who I could see as little Sophia.

This made me cry, because Sophia left us around the time that Noah came to us. I am not one much for believing in God, and Heaven and the like, but I keep thinking of maybe our children know each other, and are friends, and brought each other to us. It's a powerful thing.

I love you Jessie, and I wish I had been able to meet you, Sophia Rose.

1 comments:

Healthy and Homemade said...

I'm happy to hear everything is going well with the bebe! =) your pics are way too cute!

Post a Comment